ASP Policies & Procedures
Program details are emailed to parents prior to the start of each semester. Parents may register their child via the online registration form. A completed online registration form must be received for a child to attend classes. Fees for classes will be billed via each family’s TADS account. All classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes are offered contingent on enrollment.
The ASP offers a trial week for all students interested in the ASP program. This is a great way for students to try a class. The trial week is the first week of the ASP program each semester. If a child remains in the program after the trial week, the parent will be responsible for the class fee and no refunds will be given. If a child decides not to continue after the trial week, the parent must inform the Director of After School in writing. The parent will only be charged for the trial week class(es).
Payment and Enrollment Policies
A student is considered registered once an online registration form is completed. All fees include materials. Hourly rates will accrue until proper registration. A $25 late registration fee will be charged after the trial week.
Families whose accounts are in arrears may not use the services of the After School Program or register for a new semester until the Business Office clears their account.
ASP Hours and Sign-Out Procedures
Registered Students Sign-in
Students who are registered for a class will be signed-in on their class day in the following way:
- JK - Grade 4: Each Lower School teacher is given a roster indicating the after school activity for the each student in their class. Students who have an after school class will be signed into the ASP by their teacher. If a child is absent or will miss the class, the teacher will inform the ASP staff.
- Grade 5 - 8: Each Upper School teacher is given a roster indicating the after school activity for each student in their class. Students may be in study hall until 4:30 p.m. or the start of their class. Students are responsible for getting to their class on time.
Because we care deeply about the safety of each child, we ask for your cooperation in complying to the Sign-out Policy.
- Children may only be signed out by a parent or another adult on the child’s approved pick-up list. If there are any changes to the list (i.e. caretakers), please inform the Director of After School as soon as possible.
- Before a child leaves the premise, he/she needs to be signed out on the sign-out sheet. The adult should sign, clearly print their name, and indicate the time of sign-out.
Children may join the ASP on an hourly basis. Drop-ins will apply to students who are picked up late from regular dismissal or after their ASP class. It is important that we know about drop-ins in advance whenever possible. Please leave a written note with the staff in the Front Office at morning arrival. If the school day has begun, please alert your child's homeroom teacher or the Front Office staff. Drop-in charges will be billed to each family’s TADS account.
Lower School students who are picked up late and Upper School students who remain after school unsupervised will be sent to the ASP. A fee of $15 per hour will be charged, up to a maximum of $40 per child.
Students may drop-in to the ASP at no cost for reasons below. Please alert your child's homeroom teacher and the After School Director in advance:
- Siblings waiting for dismissal of an older child until 3:00 or 3:20 p.m. Drop-in fees will apply after the siblings dismissal time.
- Children whose parents are volunteering for the School.
- Children whose parents are in a parent conference or meeting with an Administrator.
Late Pick-up Fee
The ASP program ends at 6:00 p.m. If a child is picked-up after 6:00 p.m., a fee of $1 per minute will be charged to the parent.